Korean Inspired Ray Soup
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 whole green onion
- 6 ounces Chesapeake Ray, cut across the grain into thin strips
- ¼ cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons daikon radish, sliced thin
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms, Shitake or other flavorful variety
- 1 teaspoon Nuok Mam, fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed, toasted sesame seeds
Thinly slice the green onion, keeping the white and green separate.
Heat the peanut oil in a small sauce pan. Add garlic, white part of onion, and ginger. Brown them lightly. Add 3 cups of beef or chicken stock.
Add the cabbage, daikon radish and slice mushrooms. Simmer the soup for about 10 minutes. Add Chesapeake Ray and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the scallion tops, nuok mam, and soy sauce. Heat through and garnish with sesame oil and crushed, toasted sesame seeds.
Yield/Servings: Serves 2
Total Calories: 59
Calories from Protein: 1g
Calories from Carbohydrates: 4g
Calories from Fat: 39 (5g)