Soft-Shell Crab Stack
- 8 Soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 8 slices Cooked ham, 1/8-to ¼-inch thick
- 8 slices Ripe tomato
- 1 ½-1 ¾ cups Hollandaise sauce
- 4 Egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Butter
Prick legs and claws of each crab with the tines of a fork to prevent popping. Sauté in butter about 4 minutes on each side over moderate heat.
To assemble: Place toasted English muffin halves on plate. Top each with ham, then tomato and cooked crab. Spoon about 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce over each. Serve immediately.
Place egg yolks, lemon juice and seasonings in a blender. At medium speed, very slowly add 1 cup butter which has been melted to bubbling but not browned. Blend an additional 10 to 12 seconds until sauce is thickened and smooth.